Melanie’s editorial photographs have been published and reviewed by National Geographic, The Portland Phoenix, The Photo Review, On Tap Magazine, and The Blue Room. Her wedding photography has been published in and seen on Wedding Wire, 100 Layer Cake, Gray Likes Weddings, Wedding Chicks, United With Love, Bermudian Weddings, and A Touch of Modern.
Her photographs have been shown at The Salt Institute for Documentary Studies, Space Gallery, Bermuda Society of Arts, Daura Gallery, Constellation Gallery, and various faculty art shows at The Art Institute of Washington and The Art Institute of Pittsburgh – Online Division. Along with being a still photographer, Melanie has also worked with the moving image. Her videos and stop-motion pieces have been shown at the Portland Museum of Art, the Institute of Contemporary Art at MECA, The Drawing Room, and in Jason Simon’s “One Minute Film Festival” in New York.
•Bermudian Weddings: "Wedding Album: Fiander Foto"
• United with Love: "Sunday Brunch: Fiander Foto"
• A Touch of Modern: "10 Questions with Photographer Melanie Fiander"
• United with Love: "Daily Pretty #145"
• United with Love: "Wedding Dresses with Sleeves"
• United with Love: "Daily Pretty #27"